Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Opportunity Knocks....

... I think. I think so.

I had my assessment at work today. Long overdue. Got a small raise (thank you). And was offered a different position in the company, which months ago I had coveted, but was not allowed as I hadnt the computer skills and there wasnt a place for me. At that time I had covered another employee who was ion holiday for two weeks and I loved it so much upstairs that I had asked to be transferred. But it didnt happen...Turns out things are shifting now, months later, as a result of my hard work learning how to use the computer (I hate PC's) and the departure of the former furniture buyer/manager.

I was praised today for my creativity and for how far I've come since I started. That was nice.

Did I mention that a few weeks ago I told management I needed to cut my hours, at least for the summer? Well I did.

Today I told the company that I would think about it (quickly) and let them know. I told them that I, quite frankly, couldnt afford to work there full time or even four days a week, but I really LOVE my job there, and I love the company. Which I do. So I thought about it...for about a nanosecond. Though I wanted to give myself some space and to talk to B about it (He's all for it) and to let them, well, really WANT me. I know already. I'll take it. My raise isnt contingent on me taking this new position, but moving UP is, and I know that. This is an offer to at the least have a chance of moving forward there.

Down the road I will hopefully have the possibility (assuming all goes well) to become a buyer - as had been promised me when I started- however, that plan fell through when the combination of characters involved didnt 'gel'... as in I found myself in a nest of viperous bitches, none of whom wanted to relinquish their petty control and train me, so that I was left rudderless and swinging in the wind, utterly insecure.... but most of whom I liked well enough, it has to be said, each on their own. The combination of people, and their brand of clique-ism, and negativity was deadly for me. I had to get out.

So I've been cultivating my skills meanwhile, and charming our clients, and generally making everyone happy.

I have a good feeling about this. I will be surrounded by beautiful things. The job will involve sales, some interior design elements and the usual...Freight. But that's ok. And I like the main person I'll be working with. She's 'animal people'.

So, we have options. And life moves forward. Tune in next time. Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

(Did I tell you that New Life in the house would bring new energies and new options? That Life/The Universe would respond and so would I? Huh. When I'm right I'm right!)

6 comments:

ABKirk said...

Glad things are going well. I'm fine, just laying low, I guess. Work has been busy. Actually, its always busy . . . and I'm getting over a sinus infection. Animal people are more civilized, don't you think?

HN

ABKirk said...

Yes, the problem with the uncivilized is that they do not have the wherewithall to comprehend their limitations. Sad but true. People who think they are civilized usually aren't. People who think they are funny usually aren't etc. etc.

Anonymous said...

Hey Bird,
Congratulations. I'm really happy for you and you sound so happy that makes me glad too. I know you'll do great - really well done, my dear.
WC

Anonymous said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that these things are working out; any news?

Thanks for your comments. The 15 minute one is one I think I need to try. (I'll need to get a timer!) The house is slooooooowly coming back to a reasonable state. phew.

ABKirk said...

Hi Bird,

Hope things are going well. I've met an artist . . . don't want to talk about anything about that . . . but he's nice.

HM

Anonymous said...

Great news. Hope everything is OK with you. Love, Poth