Friday, January 26, 2007

Briefly....

Its all good... or mostly anyways. Work is fine. I love people and am enjoying that part of the job. Work was deathly boring today, as it was inventory time and an outside company was brought in to do the slog-work. I twiddled my thumbs, preventing them from getting stuck up my arse, in between times of pleasant engagement with customers. gave the evil eye to one or two who looked not right, shifty, and they left forthwith. I give a good evil eye.

I have had a really good week. Great happy pills, these. What a difference two months can make.

Meanwhile, B's dad's 83rd B-day is arriving at an alarming rate. We've arranged a surprise for him on Saturday. Most of the famdamily will be here, unbeknownst to him - he thinks it is just me and B and him and Kathleen. But no. We will be at least 9 for dinner. Yikes. I will make a Brisket, and roast a bird. What am I saying? I am WORKING TOMORROW. Okay, I will marinate the brisket tonight, and B will get a bird tomorrow which Alan, who has cheffing experience, will help him with. The house is a disaster, but you know what? I don't care. (These pills are great!)

Anyway, there's no major drama to report. I am still not pregnant, nor will I ever be. I grieve. I shove it down and don't think about it, and then I obsess...I stalk the infertility blogs. Life is still marching on. And I am okay, although not getting laid...much.

So now that I've dropped that bomb, I'll exit stage left.....with the charm, elegance and grace I am so famous for (Sagittarius rising I.E. read, blunt, straightforward, bull in a china shop. Never mind...)

6 comments:

Donna said...

I also take the happy pills, although I've been on them for so long now I can't remember what it was like before. Oh wait...yes I do. It was awful. The infertility cloud comes over me now and again, I think it always will, but then the skies clear and I'm reminded of what a wonderful life I have.

Anonymous said...

aw bird, the party sounds like fun and I hope his dad is really surprised.

so sorry about the never getting pregnant thing. I know there isn't anything I can say to make it any better - but you're in my prayers nonetheless. I believe in miracles.

WC

maryrose larkin said...

Hey--

I'm sorry to say I know about that. The no-baby part, errr, and the happy pills part.

Hang in, it improves.

Rose

Anonymous said...

sometimes it just feels like putting one foot in front of the other. you're doing it though, so keep it up. i hope the party went well.

Anonymous said...

Chup,
Hope the party went well. I need those happy:) pills, cause mine are NOT working! The baby thing I'm so sorry to hear about I don't know what to say except I will pray for you too. Have you heard from Reg? I'm so worried about her C! I hope she has emailed someone.
xxxxxxxxxxx
Kathy

Hummingbird said...

Thanks for your support, everyone! It means a lot.... C.xoxox